Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Nature's Bakery Fig Bars (Peach Apricot)

I'll admit, I was a little nervous trying these fig bars from my July Vegan Cuts Snack Box since it was peach and apricot inside (never had apricots before and I've only ever drank peach juice, never eaten the actual fruit before). But my worries were pointless!

Fig bar

I, surprisingly, really liked this bar. I ate one fig bar on one of my breaks at work and the second bar on a later break. This was definitely the fastest bar I've eaten in all of my boxes. And if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to spread out the bar, so I could eat something on my second break, both pieces would have been gobbled up in one sitting!

Inside

Since I liked it so much, I wanted to buy more. So, I went to Nature's Bakery's website and then to their store locator. I found out only two stores in my town sold it: Hy-Vee and Wal-Mart. Going to Hy-Vee first, I couldn't find any boxes of them, just single packs at $1/bar. At Wal-Mart, they sold boxes, but not the peach apricot flavor. Looking online at Amazon though, I found a 12-pack of boxes (6 bars in each box), so a total of 72 bars. It cost me $36.88, about 51 cents per bar.

My Amazon package of 12 boxes

I bought them back at the beginning of September and as of right now, I still have about 4 boxes left. So, they'll have lasted me quite awhile (probably around 5 months).

So, to summarize, I highly recommend these little bars! They're absolutely delicious and are a great, healthy choice for a snack :)

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment