Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Go Veggie! Parmesan Cheese

As I stated in my post about the two subscription boxes and in my video, I signed up for the Vegan Cuts Snack Box when I saw on their Facebook page that this item was to be included in their June box. Over the weekend in which I first received this box, I made pasta, so I had the chance to try this out right away.

Before sprinkling it on, I took a whiff of it. Boy, was it strong! Once I did sprinkle it all over my pasta and took a bite, it was pretty overwhelming. Although the texture and appearance are the same as the dairy version, it definitely does NOT taste the same! But I knew ahead of time that it likely would taste very different.

Go Veggie! Parmesan Cheese
Go Veggie! Parmesan Cheese (front)

Go Veggie! Parmesan Cheese
Go Veggie! Parmesan Cheese (back)

Since then, over the last few weeks, whenever I've made pasta, I'd sprinkle a little bit of this all over, then include a layer of dairy cheese on top. In this manner, the taste isn't as strong as the initial time. I'm hoping that this way, I can slowly get used to the taste and perhaps, over time, I can change the ratios, so there's more of the Go Veggie cheese than the dairy one.

So, I'm going to keep using it. Hopefully I'll get used to it, and perhaps even start to like it! While I was at my regional grocery store, Hy-Vee, I noticed that they actually got this item in stock, so if/when I do buy this in the future, I now have the ability to buy it right away instead of buying it online and waiting for it to ship.

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment